Owner Relations

Welcome to Pioneer’s Owner Relations portal!

Pioneer’s relationship with our interest owners is an integral part of our business. We understand how important your ownership is to you and we believe that communication is critical to maintaining a good relationship. The goal of our Owner Relations team is to provide all owners with a high level of service. We are committed to answering inquiries in a professional, timely and accurate manner.

Access My Revenue Payment Account

Contact Information

Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc.
Attn: Division Order Dept.
P. O. Box 3178
Midland, TX  79702
[email protected] or [email protected]

Main Number: (432) 571-5010
Option 1 Revenue checks, payment information
Option 2: Division Orders, Ownership or Change of Ownership, Address Changes, and all other questions

1099 Hot Line: (432) 571-5260
WRLP Owner Inquiry Line: (432) 571-5099
Fax Number: (432) 571-5255

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact you?

You are welcome to contact us by any of the options listed in the Contact Information. The phone numbers are voicemail lines only and all calls will be returned within 48 hours. E-mails will be responded to within 48 hours.

How do I notify you of a change of address?

All address changes must be submitted in writing with a signature. No changes will be accepted over the telephone. You may download the attached form and send it to the mailing address or scan it and send via e-mail to [email protected]

Do you have direct deposit?

Pioneer does offer direct deposit (EFT Electronic Funds Transfer). Please download and print the Direct Deposit Enrollment form. Complete the form and return it to the address, fax number or e-mail address located at the top of the form. You will also need to provide a voided check or copy of a voided check.

How do I change or transfer ownership?

1) In the event of the death of an owner:

For Testate Deaths (with a Probated Will)
We will need the following documentation, all recorded in the county where the property is located:

  • Death Certificate
  • Letters Testamentary
  • Order Admitting Will to Probate
  • Last Will and Testament

For Intestate Deaths (without a Probated Will)
Ownership is determined in accordance with the Laws of Descent and Distribution in the State where the property is located. We will need an Affidavit of Heirship completed and sworn to by a disinterested third party and being someone familiar with the facts of the family. You may download the Affidavit of Heirship form and use it. It must be recorded in the county where the property is located.

You will need to provide recorded copies of all documentation, either for Testate or Intestate deaths, along with the addresses for revenue payments and social security numbers of the beneficiaries to the mailing address provided in the General Contact Information.

2) For a Sale or Transfer of Interest:

Provide a recorded copy of the Conveyance, Assignment or Deed along with the mailing address and social security or tax identification numbers for the recipients of the interests to the General Contact mailing address.

3) For a Name Change:

Provide a copy of the Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree or other name change documentation to the General Contact mailing address.

Please note: Pioneer does not provide any “forms” to transfer interests other than a transfer order to sign once proper documentation is provided to us. All documentation must be recorded in the county where the property is located.

How do I add my spouse or other individual to my account?

A name cannot be added to an account without providing a recorded copy of a deed conveying the interest into yourself and the other party as joint tenants.

How do I transfer my interest into a Trust?

Provide a copy of the Trust Agreement, along with a Deed from the individual(s) into the Trust, recorded in the counties where the properties are located. The deed also needs to name a Trustee of the Trust.

What if the Trustee changes?

Provide a document naming the Successor Trustee, recorded in the counties where the properties are located.

Can I receive a valuation on property that I am named Executor?

Pioneer cannot provide a valuation for interests. We can provide a payment history to assist you.

My mortgage company is requiring a letter from Pioneer stating that my royalty payments will continue. Can you provide this?

Pioneer cannot provide any letter of this type because there are too many variables involved with oil and gas production i.e. pricing, mechanical, force majeure factors etc.

When are 1099's mailed out?

1099’s are mailed out by January 31 of each year. If you need a copy of your 1099, please contact the Owner Relations department by one of the options in the General Contact Information.

When are checks mailed out?

Pioneer makes revenue distribution settlements by the last workday of each month. The date your revenue is paid depends on when Pioneer receives payment from our purchasers of production. You will receive payment no earlier than 30 days after the month of production and no later than 60 days after the month of production. For newly drilled wells, it usually takes 2-3 months or longer to get title reviewed, division orders mailed out and initial production paid.

How do I get a copy of my Revenue Detail and payment history?

Pioneer offers an on-line system that allows you to see your revenue payment detail. Just click on Access My Account and log in to view and print your information.

Why have I not received my check?

Typically, this is because your account is in a minimum pay status. Pioneer remits revenue checks to you once your balance exceeds $100. All revenue, regardless of the amount is disbursed once a year, in September of that year. If your amount is above the minimum payment then please allow two weeks before contacting us if you receive your revenue by check and not direct deposit.

What if my check is lost, stolen or stale dated?

Pioneer will reissue a lost, stolen or stale dated check after six weeks from date of check issue. Please download the Request for Check Replacement form and return the completed form, along with the stale dated check to the address noted on the form to request a replacement check.

Does Pioneer offer IRS tax withholding?

At this time, Pioneer does not offer voluntary tax withholding.

What if I do not receive a check after one month?

Pioneer has a $100.00 minimum payment amount. You will receive a check once your revenue amount reaches $100.00 or once a year in September each year when all minimum suspense amounts are released.

What is a Division Order?

A Division Order is a document Pioneer issues that describes the property, the operator, the legal description, the owner's remittance address, as well as the owner's decimal interest and interest type in the property. The owner is asked to sign and return the Division Order. Pioneer uses this information to remit proceeds to the owner if Pioneer has the disbursement responsibility.

Why does my monthly payment sometimes vary?

Many factors contribute to your payment, including: market conditions, fluctuating commodity prices, regulatory or contractual changes, production volumes, seasonal conditions and well downtime.