Las Colinas - TX
Available Positions - 1
Application Deadline: 1/22/10
The Enterprise Architect has a broad role which requires a strong technical understanding of IT and business process. The Enterprise Architect must have demonstrated skills in creating good solutions to broad issues from disparate views. Therefore a major requirement of the role is to be an excellent communicator and facilitator, who is able to communicate at all levels of the organization, and recognizes the audience and presents at the appropriate level of detail for the audience.
The Enterprise Architect is a technically challenging position who delivers Web Services, SOA, Cloud and other innovative solutions either through coordinating and managing vendors or through the Enterprise Architects own capabilities. The Enterprise Architect will have working knowledge of and will implement APIS based solutions to integrate data and applications. The Enterprise Architect works to integrate the architectural stove pipes of business, information, application and technology.
The Enterprise Architect works closely with the Data Architect and Systems Architect on the Enterprise Integration (EI) team as well as the rest of IT to facilitate the conversion of business and IT strategy into action by leveraging appropriate tools and techniques. This conversion should be done in such a way to maximize value while minimizing negative results.
The Enterprise Architect will have Project Management Skills and will be able to lead and manage projects to on budget, on time, high quality results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure Pioneer does not overbuild an application infrastructure, but relies on the application capabilities first and uses cost effective technology to bridge the applications.
- Define and lead the implementation of the Enterprise Architecture (EA) program in coordination with Director Enterprise Integration and CIO.
- Develop and maintain integration frameworks, architectures (structured, unstructured, semi structured), methodology, and associated documentation and roadmaps.
- Provide support to other IT teams in leveraging the Enterprise Architecture for application and data integration.
- Provide good metrics on progress of EA.
- Balance security and performance of solutions.
- Work with industry groups and provide recommendations on Pioneer’s best leverage industry standards.
- Develop and maintain patterns, design templates, and reference models for Enterprise Architecture. Develop and maintain Web Services and other enterprise class components.
- Provide support for Web Services, Cloud, BPM, SOA, and API work for Pioneer. Support of EA software such as ESBs, etc.
- Provide support for Application Portfolio Management.
- Have understanding of current and emerging regulatory issues surrounding information assets.
- Project Review of new software and databases.
- Research new Technology related to IT.
- Facilitate design and analysis meetings to include clients, System Engineers and Support.
Provide public support for IT’s initiatives. Include IT teams in project planning and analysis stage. Facilitate appropriate IT and client interaction so that requirements can be understood and met. Provide documentation of transition to support plan, and plan for ongoing support of the application. Plans must be agreed to by the appropriate team manager. Manage tasks and projects to schedule and budget. Support for International Site projects as required. Provide policy, resource management and documentation to support Scientific, Enterprise Integration, and Commercial projects and support post production transition as needed. Determine capacity requirements needed to meet objectives and plans.
Perform other duties that may be assigned by Supervisor.
A Bachelors degree or advanced degree in Computer Science with 7-10 years experience in Enterprise Architecture with emphasis on Application Portfolio Management, Integration of Information and Applications and managing innovation
is required. An MBA/MS is desired. Must have demonstrated ability to take concepts and deliver solutions, facilitate meetings. Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills, consulting skills, knowledge of TOGAF, APIs, Web Services, Cloud, SOA, in the Java and .Net worlds other EA Frameworks and all components of a technical architecture. Must have exceptional interpersonal skills and work effectively as a project leader/ member (teamwork, facilitation and negotiation), analytical and technical skills, planning and organizational skills. Must have knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes, understanding of the political climate of the enterprise, and how to navigate the political waters, ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives. Must be neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in results than in personal preferences.
click here to send your resume